Friday, December 2, 2011

Sinking Teeth demo

Sinking Teeth by efilsitra

I came up with this chorus as "I want to thank you for what you've given me" but I changed it to "I want to thank you for sinking teeth". I really like the chorus and harmonies, I came up with that tune and the idea that it would be this old school harmony feel right at the beginning so it felt natural recording it that way. I decided to do kind of a vamp verse just repeating the one chord and sliding up to it on a seven. I started recording just free verse over it and I really like the feel...trying to recreate it with real vocals is hard. I may just keep it how it is and it'll be free verse every time. I like the idea of when a girl finds you or hits on you she "sinks her teeth" into you. It's also something that kinda literally happened. Ask me some time I'll tell you the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment