Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not Worth Fighting Anymore

Not Worth Fighting Anymore by efilsitra
 This is a song that the chorus has been floating around in my head for a while. Today I sat down at the keyboard and the chords and verse and lyrics just flowed out naturally, I love when that happens. The words really just laid right out, they may not be perfect yet but they feel good that's a start. Here are the words so far and the audio does not reflect all the words yet it's just really to get the feel. Here are essentially my working notes:


Verse
The very first time I saw you I was intriqued
F                                 Am   Dm
Following you around like some kind of creep
F                                 Am   Dm
You looked like someone I knew I had to meet
F A Bb
As the sun went down we talked and laughed and bathed our feet
F                                 Am   Dm

Verse
The fact that we met again I felt it must be fate
Darkness covered all of the park and I knew I was too late
With all these tangled wires insanity can   b break
But this time I knew it was the screen that saved

Chorus
lead in with C ?
When it isn't worth fighting anymore
F C
When it isn't worth the time that it was before
F C
When it takes everything in you not to bleed
Gm         C
That's when you know
                   Bb
That it's time to go
              C(7)            F


Verse
The years went by and I dove much further in
I became a master of disguise a pro at disconnection
Every time I'd cry I'd let that water roll down the drain
I knew there was something better but I could not break free

Bridge?
But you didn't come up to bed that fateful night
You had no fight left in you
I knew right then then it was over I had to make things right
I care too much I was done with what you put me through (something like that)


No comments:

Post a Comment