Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bluegrass Jam at Dick's..Lucky's...engineer picnic?

Andy and I just played at Fred Beekman Park, it's that huge sports park on Lane and Kenny wow, confusing..finally we found our gig after searching that behemoth park. It was a nice little picnic for the electrical engineering students. Went and played the Bluegrass Jam at Dick's Den and took some video, since I have been problems embedding them I will just share the youtube link, unfortunately I have found limits on my iPod as a video camera but that is to be expected, it peaks in volume a lot, my apologies. Here is a cover of Merle Haggard's "Mama Tried" -- not EXACTLY bluegrass but it's all related. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGE7_0iTXS4

Andy, Theo, and I will be playing on the Lucky's Stout House patio on High Street again this warm season. We had a great time last year and this year will be even better. We will play tonight (May 6th) and then the next two Thursdays we will be off because of out of town gigs (NYC next week!) and then we will continue our "residency" when we get back. We will play some ASB tunes, some Shaw Brothers tunes, Theo originals, Chris originals, Andy originals, and a bunch of fun covers too..it'll be half acoustic half rocking out adding a drum set this year..I think I'll bring a bass drum, snare, and hi hat so a "half kit" if you will. I love playing this patio always filled with good people and just a great atmosphere for music under the stars. 10p-2am with great drinks come out and support us!

No comments:

Post a Comment