Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lots going on

First of all I am playing TONIGHT Thursday January 21st with Heidi Howes. I will be singing, playing violin and djembe, and playing a little classical guitar, it's my first time playing classical guitar at a gig so bare with me, I love it though! The show will start with RJ Cowdery who is an AWESOME songwriter kinda in the same vain as Raina Rose. 7:30pm she will open and then Heidi Howes, backed by me and Abby Dorn (great voice, Carlos you done good!..ha).

Oh and also I am playing at the Treehouse with Slim White and the Averys, finally I am going to be able to make it to one of their gigs and play, I have once before and it was awesome. Slim and I played in Matt Monta and the Hot Coal Band and Slim ended up not being able to play drums anymore for the project and started his own band. He is an amazing songwriter, drummer, and has a great voice for country so come out and see them! I will sit in on fiddle for some tunes. Check out Slims blog about the band and their adventures here, they do this "Ranch Party Round Up" and it has been held at Thirsty Ear in the past, not sure about future..check their blog for details.

Let's see, what else? My bro Andy played last night at Dick's Den with Christian Howes. Christian asked Andy to perform for a special songwriter night he had. His sister Heidi (who I play with) did a set, Stephane Nilles, Andy, and then Stephanie again. Christian sat in and played fiddle and guitar and a backing band of a bass player and drummer also played. Pretty cool stuff, good crowd, good times. Christian does every Wednesday at Dick's playing his jazz/rock/awesome violin so check him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment