Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ruby's Jam on Tuesday - Feat. G Finesse


This video is from the Tuesdy Night Jam Session at Ruby's (19th and Summit in Columbus, Ohio). Every Tuesday Evan Oberla hosts a weekly jam session with some great musicians. Usually they do a set of tunes and then they open it up for jamming. I actually sat in this night, kinda reluctantly cuz I was just there to listen and watch these guys amaze me...but I sat in..at one point I lost the beat...as a drummer..but I guess losing the one is what it's all about in jazz right? Personally, I like sticking to a good 2 and 4 groove, I am simple minded..ha..but these guys are really good at what they do..here is a clip of when G Finesse hopped on stage to spit a freestyle (I assume) verse. I am hoping to have him on my hip hop album when it starts materializing so watch out for that. I am going to chronicle that whole project on here so stay tuned. Oh also, big shout out to Mike Twice of course, jeeze how did I miss his huge drum solo in this clip? He holds it down and then flips that beat upside down here, phew...nice.

Other news in personal projects, went out to Delaware for Andy Shaw Band and had a great time playing at the Backstretch. Also played a great Thursday show at Thirsty Ear on Jan. 14th so thanks to all who came out! More ASB stuff here, as always.

Larry Cook and I just recorded vocals for our song "Lawn Clippings" from the duets album I am working on so watch for that, it is turning out great with tracks co-written by me and Megan Palmer, Joey Hebdo, Heidi Howes, Larry Cook, and so many more..can't wait to get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment